Friday, June 17, 2011

Good Friday: Sidewalk Sweepers

Today our grounds crew was out and about, mowing lawns and whacking weeds. Even though they clean up after themselves quite nicely, I thought it would be a great opportunity to let the girls serve. So we headed outside for our Good Friday-good deed!

B and L each got a broom and went to work sweeping up the grass that had scattered on the sidewalk.

Lily didn't really have a clue what she was doing, but she had a blast following her sister around with the broom.


Brooklyn was actually pretty adept to using the little broom and managed to clean up several piles of grass and loose dirt!

After a while Lily caught on and managed to spread the grass around the sidewalk with the little broom before running off with the dustpan.

When we were all finished cleaning, I sat down with the girls to talk about what they had just done. It was so fun to see how proud Brooklyn was of herself. She even told me that she felt like she made Jesus very happy!


And just for fun (and since Father's Day is this Sunday) I thought I would tip you off to some fun subway art I found online:

You can find the "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home..." as well as the "Because I'm the Dad" pieces at the Holiday Snob by clicking HERE.

The "Dad, Dada, Daddy" piece and the quote for the bottom right piece can be found on The Crafting Chicks website by clicking HERE.

Have fun with them and have a fantastic Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures of your girls sweeping up, it is so sweet. I was wondering if you would be OK if I use a picture on a poster I am making about school rules. I am the librarian at our school and want to show the students "if they can do, so can you". I can show it to you before hand and they will be just posted in the halls, not anywhere online. Can you let me know if that would be OK with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fine Elizabeth! Thank you for asking first. I really appreciate that :) And I would love to see the finished product. My girls would get a kick out of it!

      Delete